Physical Science Resource CD
A Resource CD to accompany Physical Science. The CD is compatible with PC or Mac and contains quizzes, semester exams, semester schedule, experiments, answer keys, and more. This is an essential companion to Physical Science.
This CD contains resource materials to support Physical Science . All files are in Microsoft Word .doc format except for answer keys, which are in PDF format.
The CD is essential for implementing the mastery-learning paradigm central to the Centripetal Press educational strategy. The central component to our mastery-learning paradigm is weekly, cumulative assessments. The quizzes on this CD are cumulative all year long so that students are required to maintain a study strategy that keeps key concepts from previous chapters fresh while learning material from each new chapter.
The Resource CD also contains the Weekly Review Guide, another essential component for student success. Distribute weekly to guide students’ review of key material from the past which will appear on forthcoming assessments.
Other useful documents on the CD include instructions and rubrics for teaching the course, sample schedule, and lesson list.
Disks contain documents only. There are no multi-media videos, games, or graphics on the disk. Student resources are re-printable; only one CD is needed per class. The contents of this disk include:
- Course Overview/Recommendations for Teaching – Describes the details of teaching the course including suggestions for pacing, organization, assessments, grading and more.
- Quiz Bank – 29 quizzes in .doc format intended for weekly administration. All are mastery-oriented, rehearsing some material and skills from previous chapters in an organized fashion, according to the Weekly Review Guides. Quizzes are one page of typically 3-4 questions, and can be administered in 15-20 minutes.
- Quiz Keys – PDF files of hand-written solutions to the computational sections of each quiz.
- Final Exams – 2-hour Fall and Spring semester exams in .doc format.
- Final Exam Keys – PDF files of hand-written solutions to the computational section of each quiz. Answers to verbal questions are not included, but users of the text are welcome to contact NSM for assistance formulating answers to quiz questions.
- Experiment Manual – for this text, there is no separate book for experiments. Including the 12 experiments on the Resource CD makes this bundle a cost efficient option.
- Weekly Review Guides – 23 .doc formatted files to copy and distribute to students. This is a critical tool for enabling student success in a mastery education context. Each guide includes student review tasks and four review computations with answer key.
- Suggested daily course schedule – A daily schedule listing topics, assignments, experiment days and quiz days for the year.