Physical Science Digital Resources
Digital Resources to accompany Physical Science. The files are MS Word and PDF file formats, and contain weekly quizzes, semester exams, semester schedule, experiments, answer keys, and more. This is an essential companion to Physical Science. Downloadable from Classical Academic Press website.
Note: As of 2020, physical Resource CDs have been discontinued and the files are now distributed as digital downloads, accessed through your My Library user account.
The Digital Resources contain resource materials to support Physical Science. All files are in Microsoft Word .doc format except for answer keys, which are in PDF format. To access your documents, please create an account on the Classical Academic Press website at this link. Once the account is created, please notify [email protected]. You will be able to download your documents by navigating to the My Library page under your Account page.
The Digital Resources are essential for implementing the mastery-learning paradigm central to the Centripetal Press educational strategy. The central component to our mastery-learning paradigm is weekly, cumulative assessments. The quizzes are cumulative all year long so that students are required to maintain a study strategy that keeps key concepts from previous chapters fresh while learning material from each new chapter.
The Digital Resources also contains the Weekly Review Guide, another essential component for student success. Distribute weekly to guide students’ review of key material from the past which will appear on forthcoming assessments.
Other useful documents include instructions and rubrics for teaching the course, sample schedule, and lesson list.
Digital Resources consist of documents only. Student resources are re-printable. The contents include:
- Course Overview/Recommendations for Teaching – Describes the details of teaching the course including suggestions for pacing, organization, assessments, grading and more.
- Quiz Bank – Quizzes in MS Word format intended for weekly administration. All are mastery-oriented, rehearsing some material and skills from previous chapters in an organized fashion, according to the Weekly Review Guides. Quizzes are one page of typically 3-4 questions and can be administered in 15-20 minutes.
- Quiz Keys – PDF files of solutions to the computational sections of each quiz.
- Semester Exams – Fall and Spring semester exams in MS Word format.
- All Answer Keys – All answers to chapter exercises, quizzes, and semester exams in one document.
- Experiment Manual – There is no separate manual to purchase for access to the 12 experiments. Lab equipment for the experiments can be found at school lab supply vendors. Note: Physical Science also calls for the use of a series of “widgets” in the Special Parts Kit to assist with some experiments. Schematics are included in the digital resources so customers can fashion the widgets themselves from wood and metal available at any hardware store.
- Weekly Review Guides – MS Word formatted files to copy and distribute to students. This is a critical tool for enabling student success in a mastery education context. Each guide includes student review tasks and review computations with answer key.
- Lesson List and Sample Calendar – A list of lessons (one per day) describing what to do each day (pages to read, exercises to do, experiment and assessment dates).