Principles of Chemistry Resource CD
A CD to accompany Principles of Chemistry. Course overview, quizzes, semester exams, keys, weekly review guides, and more.
This CD contains resource materials to support Principles of Chemistry. All files are in Microsoft Word .doc format except for answer keys, which are in PDF format.
The CD is essential for implementing the mastery-learning paradigm central to the Centripetal Press educational strategy. The central component to our mastery-learning paradigm is weekly, cumulative quizzes. The quizzes on this CD are cumulative all year long so that students are required to maintain a study strategy that keeps key concepts from previous chapters fresh while learning material from each new chapter.
The Resource CD also contains the Weekly Review Guide, another essential component for student success. Distribute weekly to guide students’ review of key material from the past which will appear on forthcoming assessments.
Other useful documents on the CD include instructions and rubrics for teaching the course, sample schedule, and lesson list.
Disks contain documents only. There are no multi-media videos, games, or graphics on the disk. Student resources are re-printable; only one CD is needed per class. The contents of this disk include:
- Course Overview – Describes the details of teaching this mastery-based course including suggestions for pacing, organization, assessments, grading and more.
- Chapter Exams
- 2 Quizzes Per Chapter – quizzes in .doc format. All are mastery-oriented, rehearsing some material and skills from previous chapters in an organized fashion, according to the Weekly Review Guides. Quizzes are one page of typically 3-4 questions, and can be administered in 15-20 minutes.
- 2 Semester Exams
- Answer Keys to quizzes, chapter tests, and semester final.
- Suggested Daily Course Schedule – A daily schedule listing topics, assignments, experiment days and quiz days for the year.
- Sample Answers to Verbal Questions – Sample answers to verbal questions in the chapter exercises, quizzes and tests.